WHAT AGES DO YOU SEE?
We enjoy seeing patients from birth through 25 years of age for any medical concerns.
WHY SHOULD WE SELECT PEDIATRIC ASSOCIATES OF JACKSONVILLE?
When selecting Pediatric Associates of Jacksonville, you will join a team that:
- Provides individualized, comprehensive, and evidence-based care.
- Respects that the best course of action may be different for each family- we do not dictate treatment plans, rather we discuss options, alternatives, and risks/benefits so you confidently share in the decision-making process.
- Strives to get to know you and your family from the friendly voice (not a computer tree) who answers every call to seeing one of our providers at every visit.
- Makes you feel at home in our more personal office.
- Allows you to get the highest degree of expertise you deserve.
- Specializes in unique areas such as integrative medicine and nutritional guidance that are not readily found elsewhere.
- Covers all medical and integrative medicine needs from newborns through young adults.
- Collaborates and communicates with other medical providers.
- Respects your time by running as efficiently as possible.
CAN FIRST-TIME EXPECTANT PARENTS MEET THE PEDS OF JAX PHYSICIANS BEFORE THE BIRTH OF THEIR CHILDREN?
Yes, we welcome soon-to-be parents to schedule a no-cost Meet the Provider visit at our office. We discuss what to expect in those first exciting months after birth, review basic newborn care, discuss how our office works, and give you a familiar face to help greet your new arrival. Please call the office staff at 904-273-6533 to schedule your visit.
DOES PEDIATRIC ASSOCIATES OF JACKSONVILLE HAVE SAME-DAY APPOINTMENTS?
Yes, indeed. Pediatric Associates of Jacksonville regularly offers same-day appointments for illnesses and injuries. Our phones open at 8 AM Monday through Friday, so please try to call early in the day to get the best possible range of appointment times.
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING TO OUR APPOINTMENT?
- Please complete the new patient information sheet before your first visit.
- Bring ID and insurance cards and any past immunization and medical records that can help our physicians and staff.
- If you have past imaging studies (X-rays, MRIs, etc) please bring actual disc or printed copies along with written reports. We prefer to review all images along with the reports.
- If you were referred to Pediatric Associates of Jacksonville by another medical professional, please give the name and contact information to our staff so we can send appropriate updates after the visit.
HOW DOES PEDIATRIC ASSOCIATES OF JACKSONVILLE HANDLE AFTER HOURS CALLS OR CONCERNS?
A live voice always answers our office phone number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The regular office staff answers calls starting at 8 AM and ending at 5 PM- and we do not close the phone lines for lunch. After regular hours and on weekends, we have on-call nurses or physicians handle medical questions. Never hesitate to call!
WHY SHOULD I SELECT AN OFFICE THAT DOES BOTH GENERAL PEDIATRICS AND PEDIATRIC INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE?
If you are looking to build a trusting, long-term medical relationship for your family, then Peds of Jax is your best choice. Our unique experience allows us to address just about any issue that comes up with newborns, children, adolescents, and even young adults. We are fortunate to have seen patients start in the practice as newborns and still enthusiastically come back as young adults. We can offer a combination of experience and ability to relate to young patients of all ages that cannot be matched in many other practices.
DOES PEDIATRIC ASSOCIATES OF JACKSONVILLE TAKE MY INSURANCE?
We are in network for many insurance plans, so please contact the office for more specific information. We have families who find that if we are not in their insurance network, they will opt to pay cash or use Medical Savings Plans and we do offer discounts for cash payments at the time of service. MOST INSURANCE PLANS are accepted for your convenience, with the exception of Medicare and Medicaid. Please remember that your insurance is an agreement between you and your insurance company. We file your insurance as a courtesy to you, but you are responsible for all communications with your insurance company concerning benefits, what is covered and not covered, and what you are financially responsible for.
NOTE: If your child has no insurance coverage, you may qualify for Florida Kidcare – affordable insurance coverage offered through the State of Florida. For more information go to www.floridakidcare.org.
To ensure we respect the time of all of our patients, we kindly ask that you bring your child to his/her appointment on time. Patients more than 15 minutes late may be asked to reschedule. We ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment to avoid a $50.00 late cancellation charge.